The Manager of Capital Projects will direct a team of General and Sub-Contractors to complete: Re-Fresh, Re-Image, Kitchen Equipment Installation, & Special projects as assigned. The Manager provides feedback to improve processes, procedures, construction methods and overall efficiencies. The Project manager is responsible for project specific communication to ensure all stakeholders informed. Partners with the Facilities Managers to Support and our uphold our Strategic Plan.
• Directs and coaches GC and Subs; drives Raising Cane’s quality standards, efficiencies and overall value.
• Executes and oversees multiple projects
• Coaches GC’s and Sub’s with Best Practices during all phases of construction
• Participates in Severe Weather Action Team and emergency based projects
• Reviews SOWs, RFPs, proposals & contracts for accuracy, cost and adherence to brand standards and processes; makes recommendations for improvement
• Assists in development of future crew members
• Works with Director of Capital to; Prioritize projects, Develop detailed scopes based on Stakeholder needs
• Assists in administering the selection, negotiation and evaluation of contractors.
• Coordinates and communicates with all stakeholders in all construction phases
• Requests Bids; conducts all necessary meetings to facilitate contractors, compares proposals and makes recommendations for project approval based on overall best value
• Develops planning documents and budgets for Facilities projects to support fiscal decision making
• Conducts stakeholder meetings to establish and communicate timelines, set clear expectations, review contractual obligations, and resolve open issues
• Prepares contracts and change orders; monitors their execution
• Provides project management/ oversight, ensures projects are within budget and on time; observes, inspects work and approves invoices
• Investigates complaints, compliance issues, contract disputes and insurance claims to ensure resolution.
• Monitors projects for compliance with Raising Cane’s specifications and standards; reports on all phases of planning and construction
• Collaborates and coordinates restaurant projects with both internal and external stakeholders
• Fosters positive internal and external working relationships and collaborative communication
• Assists in developing Facilities programs and services, procedures and best practices.
• Participates in seminars and manufacturer training for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering up-to-date information regarding a variety of subjects required to carry out responsibilities
• Communicates Facilities procedures and best practices to crew, restaurant managers, contractors and suppliers
• Participates in the design, development, and implementation of operating practices and processes that will improve cost, appearance and maximize life of company assets
• Provides continuous improvement ideas and implements appropriately
• Provides restaurant coaching in the moment as appropriate
• Emergency/SWAT/hurricane recovery response and assessments
• General office administration
• Assist in Facilities Strategic Plan implementation
• Strategic initiatives research
• Other special projects as assigned
• 70-80 % travel
In depth knowledge of Restaurant Facilities/Construction including:
The ideal candidate should: